On Wednesday 20 September 2006 20:36, Matthew R. Dempsky wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 10:29:10AM -0500, Karle, Chris wrote:
> > That looks suspect to me; that seems like a lot for cable modem level
> > traffic.
> >
> > I'd check if your mbufs number ever goes down.
>
> I've rechecked the output of netstat -m occasionally since then, and I
> haven't seen them go down at all--only steadily increase.  As of
> typing this email, the output is:
>
> $ netstat -m
> 3616 mbufs in use:
>         3593 mbufs allocated to data
>         6 mbufs allocated to packet headers
>         17 mbufs allocated to socket names and addresses
> 855/870/6144 mbuf clusters in use (current/peak/max)
> 2656 Kbytes allocated to network (98% in use)
> 0 requests for memory denied
> 0 requests for memory delayed
> 0 calls to protocol drain routines

Same story, rl on cable modem, I do see it oscillating a bit, but the tendency
is steadily up:

1834 mbufs in use:
        1655 mbufs allocated to data
        14 mbufs allocated to packet headers
        165 mbufs allocated to socket names and addresses
428/658/6144 mbuf clusters in use (current/peak/max)
1812 Kbytes allocated to network (72% in use)
0 requests for memory denied
0 requests for memory delayed
0 calls to protocol drain routines

Compared to 1500 from a week ago. (no reboot in between)
--
viq