On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 08:54:35PM +0200, Falk Husemann wrote:
> Hello List!
> We're trying to put an old server to good use again and would like to
> know what's exactly the oldest machine running OpenBSD?
>

> As machine we defined something with processor, ram, network, hard
> disk and a connection to the internet. So no Newton or toaster (at
> least not if there's no disk being toasted).
>

> Thank you in advance,
> Falk

This is what I have running OpenBSD. It is only home use, but it runs
quite well.

firewall
# sysctl hw
hw.machine=i386
hw.model=Intel Pentium II ("GenuineIntel" 686-class, 512KB L2 cache)
hw.ncpu=1
hw.byteorder=1234
hw.physmem=402231296
hw.usermem=401768448
hw.pagesize=4096
hw.disknames=cd0,sd0,fd0
hw.diskcount=3
hw.cpuspeed=449

web server
# sysctl hw
hw.machine=i386
hw.model=Intel Pentium III ("GenuineIntel" 686-class)
hw.ncpu=1
hw.byteorder=1234
hw.physmem=133668864
hw.usermem=133468160
hw.pagesize=4096
hw.disknames=sd0,cd0,fd0
hw.diskcount=3
hw.cpuspeed=598

laptop
# sysctl hw
hw.machine=i386
hw.model=Intel Pentium III ("GenuineIntel" 686-class)
hw.ncpu=1
hw.byteorder=1234
hw.physmem=200843264
hw.usermem=200347648
hw.pagesize=4096
hw.disknames=wd0,cd0,fd0
hw.diskcount=3
hw.cpuspeed=496

I may switch my wife's computer from Linux to OpenBSD when I get my
4.0 CDs. ;)

--
Terry
http://tyson.homeunix.org