For the benefit of the archives:

I also did
 touch /emul/linux/etc/mtab
in the process, which I didn't see documented in this context, but an
error message screamed about /etc/mtab missing, so there.

On 12/10/06, ropers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'd like to thank you all very much for your responses! :)

Installing the older version v4r2 as per your translations appears to
have worked, though I first had problems with it conflicting with my
earlier attempts at getting v5r3 to work (I really need to learn more
about Linux and the deb/rpm package management systems).
In any case, I can now execute:

# /emul/linux/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc
ANS1035S Options file '/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys' not found

This error message is normal: That's what it says when its
configuration file isn't there. It could take some time till I manage
to fully configure and test this as I need to get an additional
account (for backing up the OpenBSD server) from the maintainers of
the central Tivoli/TSM backup server. That said, I fully intend to
follow-up once I've had a chance to find out whether it's definitely
working or not.

Again, many thanks for your help!
:)
--ropers