And I ment to send this to the whole list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jason Crawford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Oct 12, 2006 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: Oldest Server you run
To: Falk Husemann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 10/12/06, Falk Husemann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello List!
We're trying to put an old server to good use again and would like to
know what's exactly the oldest machine running OpenBSD?

As machine we defined something with processor, ram, network, hard
disk and a connection to the internet. So no Newton or toaster (at
least not if there's no disk being toasted).

Thank you in advance,
Falk

Oldest machine I had running (until I moved to an appartment that
can't accomodate more than a couple machines) was a sparc station2 at
40MHz and 32MB ram with two 512MB hard drives. Didn't have an onboard
nic, but I put one on it and it was my DNS server just fine with
OpenBSD up to 3.7 or so until I moved, and as far as I know it should
still work. I also run a friend's firewall on a p166 machine with 64MB
of ram.

Jason