On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 02:13:53PM -0600, Stephen Bosch wrote:
> I recently switched to 1.0 GB SanDisk CF. I can generate images no
> problem, but at boot time, we see this warning:
>
> > Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks.
> > /dev/rwd0a: file system is clean; not checking
> > /dev/rwd0d: file system is clean; not checking
> > Warning: inode blocks/cyl group (16) >= data blocks (12) in last
> >     cylinder group. This implies 384 sector(s) cannot be allocated.
> > Warning: inode blocks/cyl group (16) >= data blocks (12) in last
> >     cylinder group. This implies 384 sector(s) cannot be allocated.
>
> I don't know what this means.

Most of the time it is bad hardware.

How did you get the image on the cf card ?
Did you use an external usb to cf device ?

I did that more than one time, only to find out
that most of these devices are crap.

Maybe the cf card had some problems from the beginning
or maybe it happened at the copy process.

Format the cf card and get an ide to cf adapter,
plug it in an ide slot and copy it again.

With the adapter it worked fine everytime i installed
openbsd on a cf card. That is the fastest and secure
way to get your data on the cf.

I will not tell you how bad it worked with the usb device,
too much 4 letter words will be in that mail.

--
gruesse
joerg "joerch" buechner