Hi!

Just a quick question if anybody has had the same problem, or contrary, if
anybody has a success story with SEF. I'm trying to establish an IPsec
tunnel between OpenBSD 3.9 and Symantec Enterprise Firewall 7.0.4 (NT/2k)
which is not under my control.

The negotiation goes through normally, but immediately afterwards the remote
end sends a "DELETE" notification. The tunnel is still up on OpenBSD's end,
but no traffic ever reaches the destination.

The remote end (Symantec) spits out (obfuscated to protect the innocent):

"VPN packet dropped (213.aaa.bbb.ccc->217.ddd.eee.fff: Protocol=IPSEC-ESP
spi=0xa0723686): Received IPCOMP packet on a tunnel that was not configured
for compression (tunnel [EMAIL PROTECTED] <VPN_tunnel_*****>)"

This error message is funny because as far as I know, OpenBSD does not
support IPCOMP in automatic IKE through isakmpd. Any idea why Symantec would
believe that we are sending it IPCOMP traffic?

I even checked that net.inet.ipcomp.enable=0 - not that I know if it's
applicable to IPsec at all. I suspect this is a bug in SEF, but can't find
anything on google or mailing list archives. Nothing special in my
isakmpd.conf, I have multiple tunnels working to other vendors' VPN peers.

Regards,

Mitja