Bryan Irvine wrote:
http://www.simpli.biz/

Is based in San Jose.  I've been talking to them about hosting for me
$59/mo for a full-root server.

On 9/16/06, Gilles Chehade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi misc@,

I am looking for companies that provide OpenBSD-powered dedicated hosting. Currently, I am being hosted by a french company which turned out to be as
incompetent as can be, and I am willing to switch as soon as possible
(preferably before the 25th of September).

I have google-d a bit and found out a few companies, but its hard to know in advance which are competent and which will drive me into depression. So I'm turning to you, if you know of companies that do good work, that aren't
too expensive and that provide OpenBSD based services, please mail me
off-list so I can start digging their offers.

Thanks a lot people ;)
Just for the archives:

I have found a company which seemed OpenBSD-friendly and very professional
but it turned out they were *THE* pita. If you are about to order a box,
that the company is located in Denmark, and that it matches /ea.ysp..dy/ ,
turn around and run ... They do not support OpenBSD even though they claim
to (their automated install has kept delaying OpenBSD availability), their
network is broken but they blame it on your ISP (even though all the ISP I
have tried from several countries failed to reach them), their support was
slow and unhelpful which sucks when it comes to fix issues you cannot fix
yourself. I kept a backup of my "pr tickets" page because it will probably
make me laugh in a few months when I forget about the money I threw down
the toilet.

I have then tried LayeredTech as suggested by someone on the list and I am
very happy with it. The only negative point so far was that they advertised
OpenBSD 3.x, and it turned out x really meant 5. I spent about an hour
upgrading from OpenBSD 3.5 up to 3.9-stable. Ok I confess, I actually found
that fun since I never did in-place upgrades ;)

++ Gilles