On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 08:45:31PM +0200, Michael wrote:

> Too bad I can't go back to my old snapshot, or is there any chance to
> get the 4.0 packages before official release so I can downgrade to a
> working state?

  ja;

  cvs -qd${your_favourite_cvs_mirror}:/cvs co -r OPENBSD_4_0_BASE src

  then make release(8)

  might be safer to do this on a box that is earlier than the last 4.0
  -current you have than it would be to do it off the box who is already
  4.0-current ${something}.

  if you have no such box, next choice might be get a machine, install
  3.9-{release,stable} on it and do the 'following -current' guide
  but only doing the steps that relates to dates prior to the announcement
  of CDs coming, or tree unlock, or whatever the most "correct" benchmark
  from the point at which development on 4.0"-current" began.

  ( don't know for certain when that is, probably could find without too
    much stress on MARC or whatever )

--

  jared