On Nov 23, 2006, at 10:24 AM, Bryan Allen wrote:

On Nov 23, 2006, at 8:19 AM, Jasper Bal wrote:

Anyone using webmail on OpenBSD? What's good, what's not?

Roundcube has been the new hotness for a while now.

http://www.roundcube.net/

It's trivial to configure, nice UI (shiny, has drag and drop), persistent IMAP connections... That said, I've only just now started stressing it, so, YMMV.

I agree with others here that have suggested RoundCube. It is very simple in features, but it does those things well. I'm currently running revision 373 on a new OpenBSD -stable mailserver running Postfix/Courier-IMAP. I have two other installations running older versions of RoundCube on OpenBSD and RHEL.

To compare and contrast, I've also used Squirrelmail and Horde/IMP for years. I can't say that I have any serious problems with Squirrelmail, but the interface sorely needs a freshening-up. Horde/ IMP setup is not for the faint of heart, but has a ton of modules available through the Horde framework. But if all you need is a webmail interface that works well on OpenBSD, RoundCube should be on your short list. Jump on the roundcube-dev list if you want to keep up with HEAD and track any regression bugs.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting