In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, chefren writes:
> On 11/23/06 6:35 PM, Igor Sobrado wrote:
>
> > Participate on flamewars is usually not my
> > style and I have certainly more productive ways to waste my time
> > and patience.
>
> Probably not with computer security...

Do you stand treat?

You evidently don't know me.  I am not a security expert, why should I be?

But now that you ask... in 2001 I published a paper in an ACM SIGCOMM
conference (reprinted in a supplement to the ACM Computer Communication
Review in the same month) about security in distributed computing
environments.  This paper received a recommendation as "a very good paper,
that should be published even if it means extending the program".  In this
paper I proposed an answer to a security problem in mobile agents that
"remained open for more than five years and most people in the field
believe was unsolvable".  I was one of the youngest speakers at a plenary
session of the ACM SIGCOMM.

That paper allowed me to get a position as full professor at my University.
But I am not a security expert at all.  In a year or so, I will probably
leave this University to get a position at a research lab at the Institute
of Nanotechnology sponsored by our government to work on a very different
research field.

> Nick is right from start to finish and you can learn a lot of his
> friendly text.

Honestly, you have a wicked meaning for the word "friendly".