On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 02:48:27PM -0600, Alvaro Mantilla Gimenez wrote:
> Hi OpenBSD developers,
>

>   Which are your preferred tools for develop? (For C, C++, Java,
> etc....no matter the language)
>
>   It is good to know which tools and why...
>

>   Thanks,
>

>           Alvaro

I'm assuming you mean software tools and not hardware (just got a Dell
2405FPW that I'm lovin').

Here's a typical list in no particular order:

1)  visual editor -- ed, vi, emacs
2)  revision control system -- RCS, CVS, Subversion
3)  portability tools -- autotools (autoconf, automake, libtool)
4)  build system -- make, gmake, bmake
5)  packaging system -- pkgsrc, Open and FreeBSD ports systems
6)  debugger -- ddb, gdb
7)  decompiler -- jad (for "fixing" Java bytecode)
8)  bug tracking/feature request system -- gnats, bugzilla
9)  team collaboration tools -- email, IRC
10) typesetting tools -- teTeX
11) Web browser -- lynx, w3m, Mozilla

Apologies to the list for the lack of snide comments.

-Damian

ps. Two items regarding the AK47.  I've heard that the majority of these
are being produced illegally (manufacturer didn't get the required
license from the Soviet inventor) and that, besides the gun barrel, most
parts can be stamped out of sheet metal instead of having to be machined.