On 11/30/06, Demuel I. Bendano, R.E.E <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
All,

I cannot still see the logic as to why Quagga is part of the OpenBSD ports
tree when it has OpenBGP at all in the default install? The documentation
of OpenBGP tells us that it is far superior in design as compared to
Zebra/Quagga.

Side comments?

BGP isn't the only reason you might use Quagga.  I use it for RIP
since routed doesn't have any method of enforcing what networks are
learned from what gateways.  I've got a couple machines that need to
send me a limited number of routes, I know exactly what those routes
are, but not which of the gateways will send it and have never figured
out a way to restrict that in the routed config.  I haven't looked at
openripd (or whatever the new RIP daemon is called) yet, but plan on
it before our next upgrade to see if I can ditch Quagga.

--Bill