"Tasmanian Devil" writes:
 > Hmm... sounds like I shouldn't update my source tree (it's still from
 > Nov. 12, 2006). I had no crashes at all here so far.

Are you running stock Nov. 12, 2006 or that code plus patches?

As for creating a bsd.rd that works with the mini...

The easiest way to do that is to follow the instructions in release(8)
to generate a home grown release directory and burn that directory onto
a CD.  Before issuing the "make release" command in /usr/src/etc replace
the file /sys/arch/i386/conf/RAMDISK_CD with a config file that will
create a bsd.rd that the mini can use.  The result is a custom release
CD with a bsd.rd for the mini and containing all of the release sets.

I've a config file that works, but I'm still tweaking it.   When I'm
finished I'll post it.   The biggest issue is that option SMALL_KERNEL
cant be used with the ACPI devices so, to make space, you have to
remove many of the unused devices.  I wound up removing just about
everything that wasn't mentioned in the mini dmesg.

// marc