Hi all,

If I rapidly rewrite a file, for example:

 while true; do echo "foo" > /foo; done;

Or for example:

#!/usr/bin/perl
for (1 .. 100000) {
   MyStuff::Util::writeFile('/root/foo', $blah);
}

The filesystem eventually says filesystem full.

Obviously those are corner cases because I am rapidly rewriting.  But even if I
don't rapidly rewrite, if I just rewrite for example, once every few seconds,
based on changes to the environment, etc., the filesystem still fills up.  If I
make the filesystems bigger, that helps, but I was wondering if there is
another way.

If I put a sync in cron, that helps a lot too.  That seemed like a kludge,
wasn't sure if that's the right thing to do.

Is there a global setting, perhaps some sysctl, that I need to modify, to
prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance.