[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On a new 4.0 installation I am trying out the pkg_add update procedure for the
first time and it is giving me grief.  Please look at the following output and
let me know how the tool is finding the situation so ambiguous and also how I
should proceed.

# pkg_add -vv -n -u clamav-0.88.5
Error from ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.0/packages/i386/:
Unknown command.
No need to update unzip-5.52
No need to update lha-1.14i.ac20050924
No need to update curl-7.15.4
No need to update zoo-2.10.1p1
No need to update gmp-4.1.4p0
Candidates for updating clamav-0.88.5 -> clamav-0.88.6 clamav-0.88.5
clamav-0.88.4
Ambiguous: clamav-0.88.5 could be clamav-0.88.4 clamav-0.88.5 clamav-0.88.6

man pkg_add:

     -i       Switch on interactive mode.  pkg_add may ask questions to the
              user if faced with difficult decisions.

There is multiple version available and pkg_add doesn't know witch one you want, so use the interactive mode to specify that. You will just have to answer the question when it come up.

Best,

Daniel