On 1/24/07, Alexander Lind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If I have a busy http server or cluster (by busy I mean one that gets
hundreds of thousands of visitors per day), and I use an openbsd
firewall, should I keep state for all incoming http connections, or
should I just pass them all in without state and then pass them all out
without state instead of using states?

My advice: stateful filtering without a doubt. If you've got concerns
with your state tables, you can increase the limits as needed, and if
you've got a firewall able to support the traffic you shouldn't have a
resource issue doing so (increased memory utilization, although not
like it's a RAM hog.)

DS