On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 11:09:45PM -0500, Nick Davey wrote:
> The passive keyword will advertise a network as a stub area, however as
> the interface is passive it cannot form a neighbor relationship with any
> other router in that area, or on that interface. From the man pages it
> would appear there is no way to specify an area as stub however Claudio
> or Henning would be able to help you out more than I would.

Stub areas have nothing to do with passive interfaces. A stub area is an
area that does not get flooded with AS-external LSA. This is used to allow
crappy routers with limited memory into larger networks.

Ospfd does currently not support stub areas. We did not consider them
important enough to be something that had to be implemented ASAP.
Some bits are present but more work is needed and it is on the todo list.

--
:wq Claudio