On 2/7/07, Lawrence Horvath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am trying to get my openbsd 4.0 box to allow remote ssh logins using
an rsa key,

i added the key into my ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file, and set
permissions on ~/.ssh and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to 0600

Verify that the user itself is the owner of these files, not root or
anyone else.

i added the rsa of its self, for testing, however i cant seem to get
an ssh session to authenticate with out the password

Are there any line breaks in the copied key? 'cat -e
~/.ssh/authorized_keys' might reveal these kind of oopses.

Did you place the exact contents of id_{rsa,dsa}.pub and not id_{rsa,dsa}?

ssh-rsa AAAA.....==

There's no reason to obfuscate this. Your public key is not sensitive.

DS