- You likely want to use the lo0 interface for this (although I suppose
lo1 will suffice, but lo0 is the 'standard' loopback address (don't beat
me up about my use of the word 'standard'))

- Stop using the term 'dummy' in reference to any interface. There is no
such thing. You are referring to the loopback interface, the interface
that doesn't actually bind to a particular physical network interface on
your box. Take a hint- Henning is getting annoyed with you... that can't
help you in any way.

- Using the loopback interface for peering sessions has been prescribed
by many for many years now because it allows EBGP sessions assigned to
it to persist even if one or more physical interfaces drops. However, in
reality, I have found that this is usually disastrous. You normally
don't want the peer session to outlast the production circuit the routes
are intended to traverse, or you risk receiving routes that lead to
nowhere, and that's always bad. The most common use I can think of for
proper use of loopback interfaces for BGP peering is for IBGP sessions,
not EBGP sessions. I'll ask what are you intending to use it for,
because your previous statements are not clear ("What i want to
accomplish and wanted to do is to be able to use such an interface when
all the NIC on my machines are alloted for BGP").

If someone else here has a different philosophy regarding BGP peers
configured on loopbacks, share it.

Ducking,

danno