I have FINALLY been allowed to schedule time to replace the
aging mail server.  Currently, it is running OpenBSD 3.7,
with sendmail, smtp-vilter, and clamav.  This is our internal
mail server and it uses fetchmail to get our email off of
the public server and sends our email out using a smart relay
host provided by our ISP.  When I originally set this server
up I was also running spamassassin but had to remove it
because it was causing the system to time out and stop getting
mail for some reason that I never figured out.  The boss where
I work has NO sense of humor about not getting her email, and
doesn't seem to get enough spam that it bothered her so I
did the "better part of valor" thing and just axed the
spamassassin.  Lately, we have been receiving emails with
larger and larger attachments which has been causing the
clamav to take to long scanning them and thus a time-out and
again, no more email until I get it straitened out.

So now to my question.  What software works really well for
an internal mail server?  I would like some spam protection
and I NEED Anti-virus, and I need it all to work even when
a customer sends an email with a 50M file attachment because
they sometimes do.

I don't mind doing the research and figuring out how to make
it all work (although a point in the right direction would
be appreciated).  I just would like to know what people are
using that really works for them.

Stuart van Zee
Dataline Systems, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]