On Saturday 10 March 2007 02:49:04 Sunnz wrote:
> Oh btw I am running -stable kernel now. But I had to run on -release
> kernel when I built the -stable userland.
>
> 2007/3/10, Sunnz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Trying to follow 4.0-stable branch here.
> >
> > I have updated the source tree, and rebuilt the kernel.
> >
> > But I was not able to build the userland with -stable kernel, the make
> > build process just hangs.
> >
> > I rebooted using -release kernel, which built userland successfully.
> > But I am not sure if this is the right thing to do, or will there be
> > problems in the future?

You might be running, but you did something wrong, and I haven't
the slightest idea if something is going to nip you in the ass later,
or not.  Yes, kernel- and user-land want to be in sync.  That your
system froze when using your new kernal says that the kernel
wasn't built right.  I know its frustrating, but you shoud start
the process of building everything again.

--STeve Andre'