On Mar 16, 2007, at 1:09 AM, Theo de Raadt wrote:

I looked for your name on the donations list.  I don't see it.

I only buy CDs and stuff occasionally, and generally
invest time in what I hope are productive ways.

I think you bought one CD.

Now you spout and whine.  Is that a Robert Heinlein philosophy?

How much do I need to donate to keep from having to
waste my time in unproductive threads like this?

Is that a Robert Heinlein philosophy too?

I HAVE donated both hardware and cash over the last few years, as well as buying CDs and shirts; does that mean I get to have an opinion?

1) It is reasonable to assume that if a security-announce@ list exists, it will be utilized consistently. If it is not, the documentation should be updated to reflect that.

2) There are numerous other ways to track changes to -STABLE. Using one of them is also reasonable; if they were referenced somewhere in the documentation that would certainly be helpful (but would generate management overhead).

Heinlein also wrote TANSTAAFL.
--
bda