> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, James Turner wrote:
>
> >Although this seems like a great printer, my biggest limitation is price.
> >We
> >have a university property disposition near me, which I'm going to go
> >check out
> >later today.  My friend has gotten a couple sun sparc stations from them
> >for
> >under $20 bucks.  I'm hoping they will have some cheap laser printers.
> >Thanks
> >for your recommendation.

Printers are the bane of my existance.  However, I have had wonderful
experiences with the HP LJ 4m.  Ancient, power-hungr, loud.  Yet
it works beautifly with postscript via serial, parallel, or over
the network (you can just do cat blah.ps | nc printer some-port-i-forget.
Nmap it to find out.) The guys down at the surplus probably consider
it "worthless junk," so that should help with your price.

--
Travers Buda