On Saturday, March 24, 2007, at 23:49:12, misc@openbsd.org wrote:

> sophisticated montoring system with snmp,that is kind of an oxymoron,
> isn't it...

> there's no such thing as far as I am aware of.

Hello Henning,

  it's not exactly what you think :P
  I've to configure such system and typed ip of one extreme box into
  it. After a while I saw few things which surprised me a lot:
  1. cpu/mem - nothing special
  2. interface status - nothing special
  3. bgp peers configuration - oh... what a clever system, I thought
  :P

  I clicked into it and saw that it looks after prefix count, session
  up/downs and reachability of neighbor.
  It's very very nice, isn't it? And I've managed to do that by few
  clicks. When I saw that I just wanted to do the same on my bgp boxes
  :-)

  So i've instaled that clumsy net-snmp packages, configured it out,
  clicked into mon system and typed ip addr of openbsd box, and....
  nothing happened - just cpu/mem and interfaces status...

  I googled around and found PF mibs and not only
  (http://www.packetmischief.ca/openbsd/snmp/)

  Any chances to add that to the wishlist for next releases?

--
Sylwester S. Biernacki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
X-NET, http://www.xnet.com.pl/