On Mar 25, 2007, at 9:27 AM, Igor Sobrado wrote:

Hi Lachlan.

What you are looking for is usually called "router on a stick".
Perhaps you can use some binat rules to specify bidirectional
mappings between external netblocks and the internal aliases.

Don't know why you are doing it, however.  The only time I made
a "router on a stick" was on my Cisco 2501.  Honestly, this set up
is an ugly workaround.

It works fine if you're using secure VLANs. But if you have the money for a VLAN-capable switch, you might as well use dedicated interfaces. But it *can* be done easily and securely.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting