On 2007/03/26 20:33, riwanlky wrote:
> I have two ISP, and wondering how should I setup the default
> route to the ISP.

you need to give a lot more information about what you're trying
to do to get a useful answer.

how are you connecting to them?

how do they know how to route packets to you?

do you have your own address space or are you using your space
from your providers?

if you're using provider address space, will they allow you
to send them packets with somebody else's source address?

> I am wondering if I have two gateway going to the same route can I use
> metric?
> route add 0.0.0.0/0 192.168.6.1 10
> route add 0.0.0.0/0 192.168.6.2 100

OpenBSD doesn't use metrics like this in the routing table,
you can do something similar with PF load-balancing or 'probability'

There is equal-cost multipath support but unless I missed
something, it's not supported by the routing daemons yet,
you can use it with static routes using -mpath, see route(8)

> I can used OpenOSPFD or OpenBGPD.

will your ISPs listen to your announcements?

realistically, I think if you are going to be able to handle
running BGP with your providers, you probably wouldn't be asking
this question.