On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 10:44:46AM -0700, J.C. Roberts wrote:
> On Sunday 01 April 2007 09:22, Srebrenko Sehic wrote:
> > On 3/31/07, Eric Dillenseger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I tried different ModeLine generators from the net, and tried to do
> > > it myself using Xorg' logfile. Not helping me out.
> >
> > I have a Dell 20 inch monitor and it works fine with it's native
> > 1680x1050. I had to tweak the Modeline manually but eventually got it
> > to work. On a oldish S3 card though. But it just might work for you
> > too.
> >
> > Section "Monitor"
> >
> >         Identifier   "Monitor0"
> >         VendorName   "DEL"
> >         ModelName    "DELL 2007WFP"
> >         #HorizSync    30.0 - 83.0
> >         #VertRefresh  56.0 - 76.0
> >         Option      "DPMS"
> >
> >         ModeLine        "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 119.0 1680 1728 1760 1840 1050
> > 1053 1059 1080 -HSync +VSync
> > EndSection
>
> Monitor timing/sync is hardware specific and in some cases, if you get
> it wrong, you can do permanent damage to your monitor.
>
> Use gtf(1) to probe your hardware to figure out timings/sync for your
> desired resolution/refresh, and then do a sanity check of the reported
> values against the hardware documentation.

Hi,

Now I have it working with the right resolution, but I can't go over
16bit colors. My photos don't look very good but at least it works for
most common tasks. Or perhaps it isn't even 16, anyway.
I'm wondering why X doesn't handle 24 bit, even with videoram defined.

--
"Linux is for Windows(c) haters while BSD is for UNIX lovers".
http://teardrop.free.fr/