On 4/6/07, Douglas Allan Tutty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 06:52:25PM +0200, Karl Sjvdahl - dunceor wrote:
> On 4/5/07, RedShift <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >I've got this linksys SRW2016 managed 16 port gigabit switch at home.
> >The only problem with it, is that the firmware well eh, sucks. The
> >telnet interface can't configure everything (just basic setup, you can't
> >even set up SNMP or VLANs) and the webinterface only works correctly
> >with Internet Explorer.
> >
> >Now during the bootup messages I see that the processor is an ARM946E-S.
> >Since OpenBSD should run on ARM processors (armish port?) I wonder if it
> >would be possible to replace the current firmware with an OpenBSD install.
>
> I don't think the ARM 946 has a MMU which I'm pretty it needs to run
> OpenBSD. So I think you are out of luck. Don't know if Linux runs on
> systems without MMU but it's worth a try.

NetBSD says it will run anything, will it run this?

Doug.

Well there was a proposol for SoC at NetBSD last year to get NetBSD
running at a computer lacking MMU but I don't think any signed up for
that mission so I still think that either NetBSD or the other *BSD can
run on a computer without MMU.

BR
dunceor