From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Douglas Allan Tutty
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 12:15 PM
To: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: bcw(4) is gone

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 09:46:28AM -0500, Marco Peereboom wrote:

> What you people seem to miss in the whole discussion here is that
Linux
> people contact vendors IN PRIVATE if they find GPL violations yet a
> valuable member of the open source community does not get the same
> courtesy.  Only bad things happen when one looks at Linux code.  This
is
> yet another example of it.  This also underscores once more that Linux
> as a community is dead.

This should have been handled in private in a respectful manner.  The
two parties could have quickly released an agreed statement of facts
that left the public clear that a mistake had been made in uploading
something to the cvs under the wrong licence.  My guess (I'm no lawyer)
is that if the GPL people started out with a public accusation like this
towards a corporation, then they would be facing a slander and lible
suit.