On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 12:11:23PM -0700, Merp.com Volunteer wrote:
> Considering all the workarounds to even just getting
> python/zope/plone to install, let alone the list of other
> bugs/issues related to that config on openbsd (that hasn't been an
> issue on other bsd and nix setups for us), as well as the
> scattered knowledge/experience of openbsd in the volunteer group
> (whereas most are familiar with Linux), should we just abandon the
> entire effort of converting to openbsd and just stick with Linux?

You sound like a Linux shop. It doesn't sound like your group has
sufficient background to migrate whole-hog to OpenBSD (or Solaris,
or AIX, or Windows). What problem are you trying to solve by
migrating to OpenBSD?

> Or will there be sufficient support from the openbsd community to
> help us get through the entire trainsition to openbsd?

This list (and the other various parts of the user and developer
communities) is a great resource, but it shouldn't be part of your
migration plan. From what you've described, OpenBSD is a fine
technical solution to your problem. But with your group, it doesn't
sound like you can make it work in the time you have. Migrations are
big, scary things, and they need planning and experience. Even a
great list like this can't be the cornerstone of your plan.

--

| web:.......http://www.lfod.us/ | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |