On Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 11:36:08 +0200, Marc Espie wrote:
>We have stated this numerous times, but maybe it's not easy to find in the
>archives because there is no obvious subject: not enough resources.
>Binary updates for the whole system would be desireable, but we simply do
>not have the time to do it right (for now).

What do you consider to be 'right'? I guess all supported architectures,
including X and for the latest and previous release.

>The infrastructure is totally geared towards -current. There are just few
>resources devoted to -stable packages, and almost none towards stable
>source.

I can build releases of the stable tree on a regular basis for 6
architectures, but not all of them.  In case there are any plans and I
can help, just let me know.

>Some people external to the project are providing you with binpatch and
>binary updates. As long as you trust them, you can use their work...

I found some instructions and scripts, but no ready-to-download
binaries.  Someone interested to set something up?
I suppose this will be external to the project, because I doubt we can
do it 'right' either.

Maurice