Hi Henning

I appriciate your straight and forward replies :-) but the world isn't black and white and sometime you have to create work arounds to overcome other people's crap (well most of the time). Unfortunately cutting the cable isn't an acceptable solution (I'll get fired and someone else will come and reconnect it). The IP range 0.0.0.0/0 to 255.255.255.255/32 should cover it ;-)

TIA
Paolo

Henning Brauer wrote:

* Paolo Supino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-04-14 17:53]:

From the technical aspect, I agree with you. But non technical people don't see (or understand) that :-( I wish I had time to sit down and find out how to exploit the webapp. I tried to bring in a company to do penetration testing, but I was refused the budget for it. I can't fix the problem completely, but I can put measures in place that will reduce the problem to an acceptable level.

yeah, cut the cable.

otherwise at least tell us the IP address (range) so we can all blacklist it.

really, there is no solution (or even half reasonable band-aid) that is nbot "fix the application"