On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 08:17:09PM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> On Apr 16, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Kian Mohageri wrote:
> >Throwing in another vote for Dovecot for IMAP.  I'm stuck with
> >Qmail at the
> >moment (works fine), but Postfix is nice.
> >
> >As for webmail, I haven't heard Roundcube mentioned yet.  We use
> >it, and
> >it's at least pretty enough.  Requires a database, unfortunately,
> >but it
> >works with LDAP and our staff like it.
> >
> >http://roundcube.net/
>
> I have looked at Roundcube in the past but just never installed it. I
> am sick and tired of CommuniGate Pro and its ridiculous upgrade
> prices which is why I have been testing different servers. A big part
> of the equation is webmail. One choice is Squirrelmail which works
> well enough but I am really not happy with it. Its performance is not
> so great with large IMAP mailboxes either. I just looked at the
> Roundcube site again and the it looks promising. I'll have to try it
> out.

I'd also recommend Hastymail. It's ugly and has few features, but it
does what it does very well. And securely, too - something which seems
to be disturbingly rare among webmail packages.

It's at the very least a good backup to have around.

                Joachim

--
PotD: devel/p5-I18N-LangTags - perl support to RFC 3066 language tags