On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:27:58 -0500
Marco Peereboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 08:17:16PM +0200, Rico Secada wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:30:03 -0700

> > > why are you asking this list about somebody else's patch?
> >
> > Because I was looking for people using OpenBSD who might have issues with
> > this patch.
>
> If this was a good idea don't you think someone who is actually involved
> in OpenSSH code would have done this already?

Do you think that because nobody from the OpenBSD devs has done it, that
means its not a good idea? If thats the case you don't much about how
the work is done.

There is a lot of good ideas, but only so many people and resources
to get the job done.

Now that you are asking, the patch and the idea behind the patch is very
good. If used in combination with SSHfs it serves a very specifik purpose.

A lot of people, including our company - who are providing support
to the developement of OpenBSD, has been wanting to be able both
to jail users who only need scp/sftp, and also prevent them from SSH in,
now this can be done with a sftp-server shell, but jailing without
trouble hasn't been possible, forcing other solutions less purposefull
solutions.

If you really understand and know that this is a bad idea, perhaps you
wouldn't mind sharing that knowledge with the rest? Thats why I asked in
the first place.