On 5/9/07, Daniel Ouellet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I can now have two clients using 1000 parallel connections to one i386
850MHz server, my old one that I was testing with and I get all that no
problem now. No delay and I can even push it more, but I figure at 2000
parallel connections I should be able to get some breathing time now.

I've spent considerable time with tuning apache on openbsd to
consume all available resources in OpenBSD. Here's the
relevant httpd.conf sections:

Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 5000
KeepAliveTimeout 15

MinSpareServers 20
MaxSpareServers 30
StartServers 50
MaxClients 5000
MaxRequestsPerChild 0

I had staticlly compiled php into my httpd binary and obviously
raised HARD_LIMIT to 5000, using OpenBSD's apache.

This netted me an ability to serve about a max of 3000
requests per second on a 1.6ghz athlon with 256MB of memory.

hth.