Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
> Renaud Allard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> I just used dnsstuff to test one of my domain names and it showed me
>> (the first time only) that my server is an openrelay, which is obviously
>> not true. This is due to the default behaviour of spamd of accepting
>> everything, even when a spamd.alloweddomains file is present.
>
> I would say that a more accurate description of spamd's behavior with
> respect to relay checkers would be 'appears to accept but does not
> forward'.  What you are seeing is most likely that the relay checker
> performs a limited parse of the SMTP dialogue but does not check if
> its test message is actually forwarded.  This is AFAIK the intended
> behavior, and it might even fool gullible spammers.

Indeed, but it could cause you to get blacklisted by some automated
checkers, which is clearly something you don't want. I know this kind of
checker is not accurate, but some local checkers will do it that way and
you will end up with the problems.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]