Pieter Verberne wrote:
Hi there OpenBSD users,

I wonder how much time it took for the average person to 'master'
OpenBSD or a similar OS. With 'master' I mean you have all skills
to configure and use the system. You know reguar expressions, thorough cli skills like pipes/vi/mg/scripts etc.
Probably most would say that you also need to know programming
languages and networking knowledge to master an OS but in this
case I want to ignore them.

Pieter Verberne

All depend on how seriously you read the FAQ and the man page really.

Even after years of using it, I still learn new things regularly and I make it a must do, to read the FAQ all over again time to time.

So, to answer your question, it's more like how seriously are you ready man page and FAQ and absorb what's there as all you need to know is there.

That's assuming you have basic understanding of Unix and network stuff, etc.

So, your answer is really you that can provide it based on your willingness to read the great documentations available to you. After you answer that question, you will have your answer.

Best,

Daniel