On Wed July 18 2007 2:06:55 pm Patrick Hemmen wrote:
> Squid runs under the user _squid and this user is in the login class
> "daemon" in which the data size is set to infinity. Or do I have to set
> a another capability?

Whoops, I missed that detail. I see it on the original posting now. I'm not a
login.conf expert but it still seems a bit suspect is 512MB is the default
max datasize. Are you sure it is running under the correct login class? To
quote a recent thread, Otto Moerbeek said:

        How are yo starting mysql? You need to explicitly set the login class.
        Somthing like
        su -c mysql root /usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe ...

Here is a link to that message and thread.
http://www.mail-archive.com/misc%40openbsd.org/msg45149.html

--
Tim Kuhlman
Network Administrator