You should be deploying OBSD as routers, but since it's for learning :P. Buy
the Cisco 2900XL, as the 1900 runs CatOS and is only 10meg. You can use the
2900XL as a production switch for your network (I do) and the fact that it
runs IOS will be good for learning. For routers just use Dynagen, which is
an IOS emulator, and will allow you to easily build labs. More info can be
found here: dynagen.org/*tutorial*.htm. You need to provide your own IOS
image for it, but I'm sure you'll be able to find one. If not pick up a
Cisco 2610 or a Cisco 3640.

Cheers,
Nick