Maurice Janssen wrote:
On Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 18:35:37 +0300, Timo Myyrd wrote:
Maurice Janssen wrote:
If there's no output at all, then you might have the wrong serial cable
(there are quite a few types of serial null-modem cables) or the Soekris
is dead.  You should at least see the Soekris powering up, counting
memory and so on.  I suggest to get this part working first.

Any suggestions on how? I have Belkin null-modem serial cable which I bought from the same place as that soekris so it would be quite silly for a european soekris distributor to sell a null modem cables that won't work with soekrises.

OK, should be fine then.  How do you make the connection?  I use
something like:
soekris|For hp300,i386,mac68k,macppc,mvmeppc,vax:\
        :dv=/dev/tty00:tc=direct:tc=unixhost:
in /etc/remote and 'tip soekris' to connect to it.

I just have tried to use the command "tip -19200 tty00". So I should make those additions to /etc/remote and re-try?

Should Soekrisises error led lit up if there would be some problem or something. Now the only light that stays on is the 'power'.

On the 4501, it's on when you turn it on and it goes off during the
POST.

Maurice