On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:33:58 +0900, vladas wrote:

>> You really should do a bit more reading of the readily available
>> information.
>> e.g. http://ports.openbsd.nu/sysutils/nut says:
>> " Nut also has a network communications layer that allows other
>
>nut was mentioned in my post.
>
>> machines to
>> coordinate shutdowns with the machine that is physically attached to
>> the UPS."
>
>I have explained my question about network in the second post.

And what, precisely, does nut use in the way of network functionality
that does not come with OpenBSD default install, other than nut itself?

>> Of course you would also look at the nut website and find:
>> http://www.networkupstools.org/client-projects/
>> which you can do your own research on.
>
>I did see the compat list before asking.
>
>> Let your fingers do the walking....... on your keyboard.... before you
>> ask more questions.
>
>Not to be not polite, but you are not answering any of
>those questions either.
You want a how-to? Run Linux.
I pointed you not at nut but at some extra information that you showed
no sign of knowing.

The best help you can get when it looks like you have not done enough
research is a pointer or two so that you find the answers for yourself.

If you do research and read the man pages and mail archives you'll
become self sufficient in less time. I AM assuming you have the
potential to do that. Those who don't seem to wither away in OpenBSD.

There will often be a reason to ask for help. It comes more readily
when the question is accompanied by evidence of what the person has
done to get to where s/he is. Often it's then just a clarification
that's needed, or evidence like log entries will allow a guru to spot
the problem.

>> This isn't really a misc@ question. ports@ or at the nut mail-list
>> would be best IMNSHO.
>
>Ok, point taken. I thought ports@ would not like it.

Well nut isn't part of the OS....... I'd try the nut list first - they
are the people who work on the app.

Good luck.

BTW I am subscribed to misc@ so you can save the hassle of CCing me.

Rod/
A consultant is someone who's called in when someone has painted himself into a
corner.  He's expected to levitate his client out of that corner.

-The Sayings of Chairman Morrow. 1984.