On 8/25/07, frantisek holop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hmm, on Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 12:04:29AM -0400, Nick Guenther said that
> > The battery life is 7 hours (12 if you pull magic hax of making the
> > screen turn off when not in use and compulsively put it in standby
> > most of the time) and a lot less with a wifi card in.
>
> 7h is not that bad compared to a notebook (e.g. on a plane).
>
> > What's your usage like? It's too slow to run anything graphical
> > reasonably, though you can if you absolutely have to. I mostly keep it
> > in console with screen running a bunch of different windows with mg
> > running, for various note takings.
>
> slow for graphics?  but the default system is all grahic, isn't it?
> and some reseller ad said it can do divx's...

With the original linux yes, I had it do that. but it was kind of
choppy; "doing divx" is really pushing what it can do.
I haven't had as much success with OpenBSD. I chalked it up to OpenBSD
generally being slower because of the extra memory security or
whatever.

> > It doesn't work for every day usage. I'm getting used to it but it's
> > still too flakey to be trusted. I'm slowly hacking in things that make
>
> too flakey to bu trusted?  what's that mean?

As in, it panics, freezes, or just mysteriously stops on average every
other day.