hmm, on Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 05:00:32PM +0200, Pieter Verberne said that
> umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0

i have met Mr residue a couple of times as well.
i think i even asked about it on the list.
also with disks/devices that contain msdos partitions.

i think once it was clearly when i moved my external disk,
and perhaps the cable moved in a wrong way, i catalogued
it as a hw issue.  a couple of times it happened when
i finished copying stuff to my iriver t10 and tried
to unmount it.  but the files were there...

i only write this so that we have something in the archives
about it.  sorry i can't help.

-f
--
latin is a real angina gluteus maximus.