On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 09:17:11PM +0200, Joachim Schipper wrote:
> P.S. One more issue: you *do* realize that getting OpenBSD to
> authenticate against LDAP is not entirely trivial, right? This might be
> a serious problem if the LDAP system is to handle network-wide logins...
This doesn't stop you from using OpenBSD as the server other machines
authenticate against, or does it? I think it's only good that users
can't login to the LDAP server itself.

I'm only checking to be sure, since I'll need to set up a new LDAP server
for the unofficial *nix users group we have at school, and since we have
nobody except a bunch of busy and lazy students to administer the boxes
OpenBSD would be a painless choice...

Thanks,
Jussi Peltola