On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 07:22:47PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 12:23:34AM +0200, Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 05:10:57PM +0200, Eric Elena wrote:
> > > I think fat32 is a good choice: you have nothing to install.
> >
> > Did you ever have to debug a deep directory structure where something
> > caused all directory to become files? On a 500G disk? Fun.
> >

> I would suggest that the OP be very specific with what is needed.  What
> size of filesystem?  Which operating systems need to read only and which
> to read and write.  Given how flexible Linux and OBSD are, I would guess
> that the limit will be what can windows do.  I don't know since I only
> used windows 3.1 for some games when I wasn't running OS/2.  For 7 years
> its been Debian and now I'm transitioning to OBSD.  I never have to
> interoperate with windows users.

OK, let's eliminate Windows from the requiremant. Now we have OpenBSD,
Linux, and FreeBSD in order of importance. All 3 need read/write access. I
will be using this to move data, and I want to be able to keep various
places in sync, using rsync. So modification date, and file name retention
are important.

Where does that lead us?

--
I'm sorry, no one here has any intentions of helping you with anything.
I am the manager of all of Customer Service."