Le mardi 04 septembre 2007 C  00:23 +0200, Tonnerre LOMBARD a C)crit :
> Salut,
>
> On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 05:10:57PM +0200, Eric Elena wrote:
> > I think fat32 is a good choice: you have nothing to install.
>
> Did you ever have to debug a deep directory structure where something
> caused all directory to become files? On a 500G disk? Fun.
>
>                               Tonnerre

No I didn't. Is it so fun? :)
I didn't say fat32 is a good FS but IMHO it's a FS with less constraints
than other ones. Imagine your network is down or you don't remember the
name of the driver and you need to access to the data stored on a FFS
disk from a new win box. I would say it's also fun :)
To avoid this problem, you can create a small fat partition, store all
the drivers (ext, ufs, ...) on it, and create multiple ufs/ext/..
partitions to prevent huge data loss.
But it depends on the use you will have of your disk.