Bob Beck wrote:
As OpenBSD grows there simply is no reason, or logic to keeping
around such an archaic method of installation it now uses.

I await your diffs! Please feel free to write one that works, and fits on the install media for 10 architectures.

I assume you're only encouraging this because it's likely impossible. Frankly, I find the FreeBSD installer somewhat confusing. About the only thing that would maybe make the OpenBSD installer simpler for new (or impatient) users would be a "default" disk layout with sane partition sizes for /, /tmp, /var, /usr, etc. Of course I rarely install OpenBSD on non-x86 boxes but I'm sure sane defaults for x86 are quite different than mac68k or hppa.

(In my defense, i do have a Sparc Classic and several mac68ks here. Great machines for [EMAIL PROTECTED])