"RW" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> One was bounced mail that should have been rejected as "invalid
> recipient" mail at the original target. That included an mx at
> aph.gov.au, the Australian Federal Parliamnet House. Yep, the pollies
> who want ISPs to block websites on request and who spent $84mil on a
> kiddie-filter that some 10-year old bypassed in ten minutes,

You did buy a nice frame to put that in, I hope? ;)

I've been noticing that the generated junk addresses which were
originally used as from addresses on spam sent to elsewhere
(generating the bounces we see here) tend to resurface pretty soon in
my greylists as to addresses on attempted incoming spam.  I also see
quite a few attempts at reaching actually deliverable addresses in our
domains with a fake from address.  So I think it may be just a matter
of time before I see spam where both to and from are already in my
spamtraps.

(and thanks, RW)

- P
http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/