Not entirely true.  I've been checking the USPS Track & Confirm
website each day since October 2 when I got my tracking confirmation
via email.  Until today the USPS had no record of my shipment.
Finally I have a response:

"Your item was accepted at 4:31 PM on October 9, 2007 in SWEET GRASS,
MT 59484. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please
check again later."

So, even though locales as far away as New Zealand (probably farther
than Argentina from Calgary) are already applying their new stickers
to their servers I'm still waiting here in Kentucky, USA (1660 miles
from Calgary).  I pre-ordered on 09/11/2007.  :-)