According to grub documentation
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#kernel ...

Em Sex, 2007-10-12 C s 09:57 +0200, Raimo Niskanen escreveu:
> Can grub actually boot a bsd kernel. I thought it was in a
> different binary format than Linux kernels.

Grub can boot *BSD kernel and can detect in what binary format it is.
But in case it dont recognite the binary there is a --type=openbsd
parameter that can be used with the "kernel" command.

> Does grub pass kernel arguments to the bsd kernel in the
> right way.

It is not possible to pass kernel parameters from grub to /bsd*

> Sorry about the doubts, but I have always chain loaded
> OpenBSD from grub through the PBR code in biosboot
> installed by installboot, which in its turn calls
> the boot program that loads the bsd or bsd.rd kernel.
>
> Off-Topic: In that case, can SYSLINUX boot the
> bsd kernel from a DOS partition?

Accordint to http://syslinux.zytor.com/faq.php it can only boot linux,
COM executables, pxeboot files, cdrom images and a few other, but no one
*BSD kernel.